Our website does indeed depend on PayPal as our payments provider.
But you do not need to use nor create a PayPal account to pay for your event registration/membership/donation/shopping.
Indeed, you can easily pay by just providing your credit card or Visa debit card details without having (or signing up for) a PayPal account.
Here is an example how this process works end-to-end, illustrating the choices you will have:
- Situation: You have just hit the "Pay Online" button and get ready to pay for some service:
- This will lead you to a PayPal screen (remember: PayPal is our safe online payments provider) which should look similar to this:
- If you do not have / nor want a PayPal account, you will ignore the login section (marked below as option (1), i.e. the section before the "or")
go for option 2 - "Pay with a credit or Visa debit card"
- This will get to to a page where you just input the data necessary to process your one time payment:
- Enter your data and card information and where being asked if you want to "create a PayPal account?",
just say "No, thanks":
- This allows you to complete the payment process
- As a result you will see a "payment successful" confirmation on screen, get a Payment receipt from EJCA, and should see the equivalent payment item on your regular credit/debit card statement
To summarize: PayPal is our payments processor and provides the means for safe transmission of your payment details for us, but in this way you will just use your card detail for a one time payment without signing up for a PayPal account.