EJCA members can volunteer their skills in various positions.
The following EJCA tasks/events have opportunities for you to volunteer your time and learn/enjoy the activities while helping EJCA and Edmontonians in general. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or and inform us of your name, e-mail/telephone number, and the area(s) that interest you. Coordinator(s) of those areas will contact you.
1. EJCA Committee members:
Each committee has 4 - 7 members. New members are welcome!
- Newsletter (Moshi Moshi): Editing, publishing and/or collating newsletter
- Garden: Maintaining the Japanese Garden at the Center
- Library: Maintaining the Library
- Culture Programs: Coordinating culture and outreach programs
- Heritage Festival: Planning and coordinating the Heritage Festival Japanese Pavilion
- Summer Festival(cancelled for 2022): Planning and coordinating the Festival
2. Culture Programs activities:
Please register your name and area of skill. Your name will be listed as a resource person.
When a need occurs, a coordinator will contact you.
- Japanese culture teaching/demonstration: Origami, flower arrangement, tea ceremony, calligraphy, martial arts, music, dance
- Japanese language teaching: Class teaching and private tutoring
- Japanese cooking instruction: Group teaching
- Translation/interpretation: Private services
- Kimono dressing: Group or private services
- Martial arts teaching/demonstration: Karate, Taiko, Kendo, and others
3. EJCA Events
- New Years Party: January - Food preparation and servers
- Hina Matsuri: March - Doll set up, serving pastries and tea, children craft
- Kodomo no Hi at Kurimoto Japanese Garden: May - Set up Koinobori, origami for children and Kamishibai
- Summer Festival(Cancelled for 2022): July - Site preparation, sale, demonstration, food preparation, security
- Heritage Festival: August - Food, making craft items, sale, demonstration
- Fall Bazaar: October - Food & craft preparation and sales